Friday, September 25, 2009

Welcome said the Spider...

A. is such a goof. Here is his portrayal of a spider attack. A. is already very excited for Halloween to come. Why wouldn't he be? He loves scary things and he loves candy! He's been asking about Halloween ever since he saw some decorations at the grocery store so I finally got our meager box of decorations out and, being overwhelmed with my current workload, told him to go ahead and decorate himself. He was pretty inventive -- even using an upsidedown funnel to hold up a coupld of the yard decorations on our kitchen counters. (It did take some convincing to get my counterspace back and move the decor). Still, he complained that we didn't have enough decorations and being a Halloween fan myself, I agreed we should go pick out a new decoration. Our visit to Target produced this giant spider, a plastic Halloween cup and a very happy 4-yr old.

The kids were sick last Sunday so I stayed home with them and decided to check YouTube for some scripture cartoons. We watched Daniel and the Lions Den, David and Goliath and then A. was ready for something new. We watched kids doing "Popcorn Popping" (its amazing how many parents have posted video of their kids doing Primary Songs very BADLY... though I guess thats still cute when they're little). Next A. wanted a "scary" Halloween song and we found a few cute ones. By the time Ken got home from church, however, I realized what I had done. My 4 yr old now knew how to navigate himself around YouTube, click on the related video links for more videos, etc. Could there be a worse website to let your innocent little child play at? I decided to make A. a blog page with his favorite videos embedded on it but it still takes you back to YouTube if you click on the screen twice. Ahh well. Maybe I'll figure something else out. (If you want to see A. favorite videos go to favoritesofour4yrold.blogspot.com) Any ideas?

2 comments:

Lucinda said...

That's so fun! We need to put up our Halloween stuff - maybe we'll do it for FHE tonight!

Nick and Maddy Winward said...

That is too funny! What fun pictures!