Later, when family called to talk to him A. was happiest to tell them all about the candy he got. Therefore, I was completely shocked when A. began sharing ALL of his candy. He told me in such an over dramatic voice that he was going to give ME a piece of his CANDY that I smiled and said "Wow!". After handing me a whole Smarties' package (rather than just one candy out of it) I watched him give another to J. and Ken. This only left him with a few pieces, but over the next 24hrs he continued to give J. a piece of candy whenever he himself ate one. When the Ring Toss candy was gone he moved onto the bag of Hershey Kisses he got from one of his friends. One for you, one for me to his little brother. J. of course LOVED this and followed A. wherever he went with a big sticky smile and even an occasional "Tank Oo." I was so touched that he would share his favorite part of his birthday with his little brother that I secretly refilled the candy bag a couple times when it got low. (Consider it reinforcing good behavior!)
They have such cute brother moments. J. calling out to A. when I tell him its time to go downstairs, or time to take a bath. A. helping J. with his lego towers or trains that break, or when he gets his sippy cup for him after its rolled off the table. It really makes up for the times he wacks him over the head with his stuffed puppy!
After his cousins left A. said to me:
"I have lots of fun with Kiri & Kade. But Mommy now that Kiri & Kade are gone I have NO fun at ALL,"
The ultimate marble tower. Okay, I built this one but A. really is getting very good at it. He can just look at it for a few seconds and tell you which pieces will be skipped if they're turned wrong.
Baby C at 8 weeks. Look at those pouty lips. He smiles at us everyday now.
2 comments:
Wow - your kids are growing too fast! Is there any way to slow it down? Let me know -k? We sure miss you guys! Give your boys a kiss from us!
I love the A. and J. stories. they're so stink'n cute. A's candy love also touches a special place in my heart -we are DEFINITELY related
Post a Comment