Monday, July 21, 2008

Baby J, What Do Ya Say?

J has begun babbling and making classic adorable baby noises. How I wish I knew what he was trying to say. Kids are so cute before they learn to whine. Anyway, J is rolling all over the place these days and getting ever more frustrated that he can’t always get to what he wants. Still, no signs of crawling. J absolutely LOVES balls. He normally doesn’t get troubled about much, but when a ball rolls away from him he gets upset. He’s taken to clamping down on the larger balls with his feet so they won’t roll away once he has at them with his hands. Works great until he kicks his feet in excitement.

So from the start baby J has always had a few things he felt very strongly about:
- Quality of food not as important as SPEED with which it is proffered.
- Hypersensitive feet – try to scrub and hear me roar!
- Binky good.
- Socks bad.
- Quiet while I drink my dinner or you will hear about it.
- Running water sounds scary, (but Lessa dog barks do not).
- Sleep in crib, good.
- Sleep at church, bad.

Not a large list compared to most babies I think. My own list of um… preferences… would likely gauge in the hundreds; ask Ken. Actually, don’t. Please.
PS Check out those two little teeth he's sportin'!

No comments: