Sunday, February 8, 2009

Mommy Has a Secret in Her Tummy!

End of November 2008:
After suffering through two stomach bugs in November, A was educated on the do's and dont's of eating and stomach flu. Therefore, he was pretty concerned when Mommy was "getting sick" all the time yet was still allowed to eat food. Not trusting a 3 year old to keep a secret, I simply told him that there was something growing in my belly and thats why I was sick. "Hmmm... " he responded, "you better go the hospital." (Smart kid). "No, Mommy is going to be okay - I'll just see a doctor in a couple weeks." To which A responds, "But what is growing in your tummy? Bugs?" I tell him, "No I think it's probably something good growing in there." He says, "You probably swallow an apple seed. Its an apple tree in your tummy!" "No," I laughed "I don't think thats it." "I know what is Mommy! It's a Christmas tree!" That one sounded like a winner so I went with it, "Oh maybe?! We'll have to see what the doctor says."

So there you have it.... secrets out!

6 comments:

Amberlynn said...

Yay!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited for you! That is awesome news! How far along are you?? Are you feeling better?

Ryan and Lori said...

Congratulations!! We hope that 'Christmas Tree' sickness is over soon...with all the more time to enjoy!

Sharp Family said...

Congrats, guys! We are so excited for you!

Juli said...

Congrats! When is your due date?

Amy said...

That's awesome Monica! Congratulations! I hope you're feeling better and that the rest is smooth sailing!

Mo said...

I'm 17 weeks right now. I followed Amberlynn's example and put a widget on the blog. Yikes! That makes it seem too close!