Friday, October 23, 2009

Part 2: Ken's Week Off

So the one thing I really, REALLY wanted to do during Ken's time off was go camping. We had a few hurdles to overcome before we could do it though: too many projects Ken wanted to get done that week, wanted to visit Lynn and Chad's fam, Conferance weekend (and no wifi at the good campgrounds), travel time to good camping places and MOST of all - I was sick as a dog by the end of the week. In fact, the morning we planned to go I drug myself from the bed to the couch and laid there in misery, hacking my lungs out. I felt even worse than that 2nd month I was pregnant with Carter. I had spent the whole of the day before sorting clothes and packing things for the trip, so to cancel the trip after having done all the WORK for it seemed bad, but I felt sooooo much worse than bad. I really wanted us to go though!

Ken worked to get the boys fed and got everything in the car so all I had to do was feed Carter and crawl out to the car. It was over 4 hours driving to the place Ken picked out, which was actually a nice break because driving is the ONLY way all 3 kids will nap at the same time so I had 4 hours of undisturbed rest.

I was feeling a bit better by then and we managed to find a great semi-secluded campsight. And what a view!



J. loves trucks and trains. The tennis balls I packed didn't turn out to be a good idea since we were kinda camped on a hill. Lessa had fun too. Whenever she started to wonder we hollered at her and she came back. By the time we left the next day J. had learned to yell, "Lessa!" (Actually it sounded more like "Essa!").

Nothing beats throwing rocks into a lake! What more could a little boy want? It was a short hike to the shore and Ken took the boys a couple times.


Baby C. and I regrettably never moved from our seats by the campfire. Ken was, once again, an amazing husband making food, keeping the fire going, setting up and taking down camp. He did it all! I just had to take care of baby C. and endure my miserable cold/flu.


1 comment:

Amy and the boys said...

You are a trooper going camping with a baby!