A. decided he wanted to be a Jawa (Star Wars) and I'm a softie so I made him a Jawa costume. I had to enlist my brother Ryan's help on the eyes so they wouldn't flash (I bought glowing eye glasses) and would be the right color. It looked so much better in person than in the picture, but you get the idea.
J. is wearing the costume A. wore last year... when he was 3... how did he ever fit into that?
I never could have handled all 3 boys that night by myself. A. couldn't see because his ultra cool Jawa mask made it too dark at night so he wanted to hold my hand, J. couldn't get in and out of the wagon by himself and walked as slow as the average 2 year old and I had baby C. strapped on so I wasn't so fast and coordinated myself! Thanks to MY big brothers for helping me out like the good old Halloween days of past. It was so fun to have all the little cousins together at the Fish house. A. was so happy.
At Lainey and Papa's ward party they had this "train" for the kids to ride on. I didn't realize how much J. liked it since he rode once and then played on the bounce-house & slide, but after another ride it was obvious what he prefered (not that he ever cracked a smile). He even wandered away from Papa once and was found crying and running after the train. A. was happy he won a chocolate cupcake with frosting and sprinkles. I enjiyed the BEST frybread and visiied with several old friends. The only downside was how COLD it was. I wasn't prepared for AZ to ever be that cold!
A. was invited to sleep over at cousin Cole's house Halloween night. Actually, he slept over there the night before as well, following their trunk-or-treat that we crashed. Anywho, when I showed up the next day his uncle Ryan had on Christmas movies and Christmas PJs and the whole bit. I told him he had to at LEAST take down the Hallween decorations before playing Christmas music, so of course he started taking some down. At the sight of this poor little A. started to cry. "But I LIKE Halloween!"
It was cute to watch all the kids dump out their candy and pick it back up... dump it out.. pick it up... etc, etc. I Like Halloween too!
1 comment:
What cute costumes!
Post a Comment