Baby JT, Papa and Elmo hangin' tight in AZ. The two little guys and I traveled home to visit family while Ken stayed behind to work. Poor Ken. The kids did really well on the flights and I never even had to resort to candy. Of course, one lady borded the plane and refused to sit by us so I guess I had a point to make!
I made it in time to catch a ride to Ann's Baptism (hurray!) and left the kids to play at Nonny & PaPa Theriots. They had a great time. Of course they did -- they through A. another Birthday Party!
A. was really happy about the easy access to a swimming pool and asked PaPa to go swimming about every hour or so throughout the day. Thanks PaPa!
Lainey & Papa had a Labor Day bash and A. was really excited that "Cole's puppy" came to go swimming. We had already swam and gotten dressed but once A saw the Bella-trix swimming he HAD to join in. I tried to talk him into waiting until after we ate but he just started stripping and stepped into the pool naked! Thanks for the show cousin! The night before we left I took A & J out in the pool together - a daring feat since there was only one of me and two of them and both needed to be held onto. I thought A would be upset because I couldn't twirl him around or help him doggy paddle very well while I was holding J, but they had such a great time together! It was so fun to see them finally playing together. J. would splash the water with his hands and then "chase" A. around -- A. thought this was hilarious and J was kicking with excitement.
Papa F. had another idea and put A. to work instead! Mow that yard or its no allowance for you! (Which at A's age would be $0.30 a week. That's like 1 whole gum-ball! Don't tell him we've been holding out!)
G'ma Lainey was down on the floor playing with the boys as soon as we got there. Not very Grandma like to crawl around the floor with those kids... yet I distinctly remember her mother comming to FHE and doing feet-over-head bicycling in her 70s.
Now how did we manage to miss getting a picture with Nonny? A. still talks about the "spinning toy" with marbles and puppies that Nonny brought out.
No comments:
Post a Comment